Saturday, June 25, 2011

"The 'best' investment you can make isn't gold. It's the people you love, the dreams you have, and living a life that matters." Umair Haque

[Is content king?] “I don’t agree with that...I think it sends you down the wrong track. I’d say the emphasis is on relevance and usefulness. The danger with the content story is — the most powerful thing you could do to me as a brand if I went to [a music festival] is you could chill my beer for me. If you pursue ‘content,’ you won’t come up with that idea. And if you go to the airport and get power from Nokia or Sony, that’s much more meaningful to me as a brand. I think content steers you away from that. I think content is a subset of that, if it’s relevant and useful. But the more fundamental thing is for brands to have a meaningful relationship and engagement with their audience.” Carl Johnson

"The change in the Web’s direction is a clear indication to me that we aren’t just in the midst of a boom for new interaction modes, but rather in a generational overhaul of the Internet." Ben Elowitz

Today's image: Light in the kitchen on a warm Virginia morning by Earl Gray. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Please let me suggest you click on the link following each quote above. Each, and all, is a good read. It's a beautiful day here in flyoverland. All the best to you, enjoy your summer!

Bonus: How to make a clock run for 10,000 years. A great read, here.

blog comments powered by Disqus