"A blog interview with Jarvis would have said reams about their willingness to be open to criticism. Instead, the Dell blog reads like a corporate brochure. Dell could still turn it around if they hurry, but I fear this lack of candor will really set them back." Steve Rubel
What if? You were an OEM with a history of customer service problems. Those problems became the subject of negative blog posts about your company. How do you address the issues and stop being one of the blogosphere's favorite pinatas?
This is the issue facing Dell. It seems part of their solution is to start a blog, however, they have done that in exactly the wrong way. Steve Rubel comments here, Jeff Jarvis - Dell Hell Poster Blogger - here and here.
Google is hiring "audio" sellers...and going at it in the right way. The job description and qualifications are posted here:
- BS/BA degree required, preferably from top-tier school.
- 7+ years of media sales experience with proven success in attaining sales budgets.
- Ability to work in a dynamic problem-solving environment and synthesize strategy, plans, and solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of interactive and/or broadcast media and its competitive landscape.
- Ability to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Exceptional academic experience required.
- Travel up to 50%