Wednesday, July 05, 2006

"Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor." Capote

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up." Vince Lombardi

"You miss a 100 percent of the shots you don’t take." Wayne Gretzky

"Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that’s creative." Charles Mingus

"I am always doing things I can't do, that's how I get to do them." Picasso

"The fastest way to succeed is to double your failure rate." Thomas Watson, Sr.

Seth Godin has a fine post on sales, here are two of his nine plus points...

1. Selling is hard. Harder than you may ever realize. So, if I seem stressed, cut me some slack.

6. I have no earthly idea what really works. I don't know if it's lunch or that powerpoint or the Christmas card I sent last year. But you know what? You have no clue what works either. I'll keep experimenting if you will.

Bravo Seth, well said. Read Seth's "Nine things marketers ought to know about salespeople (and two bonuses)" here

0 comments: