"Think once before you give, twice before you accept, and a thousand times before you ask." Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
"He that will not apply new remedies must expect new evils; for time is the greatest innovator." Francis Bacon
"It is better to stay silent and let people think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Today's image: Golden Gate HDR by vgm8383. Beautiful. (A must-see large on black using the title link) Thanks for sharing.
The new read is The Age of Engage by Denise Shiffman. Amazon info here.
Denise makes the case that the "Four Ps" model is dead.
"The only marketing strategy that will work today is one that is designed to encourage and incorporate change as the product evolves. It's time to redefine the fundamental strategies that determine a product's success. With this thinking, it is possible for anyone to build and market products that thrive in today's extraordinarily competitive and complex marketplace. This marketing paradigm is based on the 'Six Vs':
- Venture: The deep integration of product, service and channel of distribution
- Value: Creating inherent "marketingness" through unique, defendable, sustainable and engaging value
- Voice: The perception created and the followers gained through vision and story
- Verification: Developing credibility through proof, truth and transparency
- Vicinity: Harnessing the communities and myriad voices of the Live Web
- Vehicle: Incorporating Marketing 2.0 strategies to attract and delight customers"