Wednesday, February 22, 2006


David Sifry has introduced a very cool new feature at Technorati, Favorites. Collections are a great idea. Reminds me of Richard Saul Wurman's ACCESS travel guides wherein he would ask celeb locals to provide lists of favorites. Jump over and check out David's faves here.
Cool new way for your talent (e.g., morning show, dayside/nightside anchors, et al) to "share" faves with listeners/viewers. Works for the desk too ("blogs we're following").

Later - forgot to include reporters in my list of talent - sorry and thanks for the wake up calls.
Also Scott Karp, Publishing 2.0, says what David has done is merely a "glorified OPML file" and suggests...

If Technorati really wanted to revolutionize the way I read, they would create ONE place for me to go where I could see the BEST POSTS from my favorite bloggers and the BEST POSTS from their favorites all in one place. What constitutes the “best” posts? Well, that’s the problem, isn’t it?

Read Scott's remarks in full here. Agree with him, a filter to individual best posts would be cool. Bonus - check his post In Media, Only Ideas Matter here

0 comments: